Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Markham’s Henry C. Green celebrates century of living

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

     

 

 

 The last time I saw Mr Green I asked for permission to hunt groundhogs on his property and he exclaimed "You had it then and you  have it today" My friend Michael Cromwell Peters dated Mr. Green's daughter Jaque who was killed after spending the evening with her  at Hartland.

The rural roads aound Markham can get crowded during apple-picking season in the fall.

But, April traffic grew heavier than normal at Hartland Farm and Orchard on Saturday afternoon.
Friends and relatives came to wish Henry C. Green a happy 100th birthday.
Sharp as a tack, Mr. Green stood just below the second-floor bedroom at Hartland where he entered this world on April 9, 1921, to greet well-wishers at his “drive-by” party.

More @ Fauquier Now

 ******
Alexander G. Green Jr

I was a frequent visitor to his house courting his daughter Courtenay and can be thankful that I visited him in 2009 with my daughter Dixie and have fond memories of he and his wife.

***********************

 Ridgelea near Warrenton sells for $3.6 million

Home of Rice Smith where I visited many times dating her.

No comments:

Post a Comment