Monday, August 9, 2021

Woke Politics Destroyed the Marine Corps I Knew

 Via Reg

https://i0.wp.com/memolition.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/0_ed3d3_30a9f44_XXL.jpg?fit=1024%2C666   

Killed a few weeks later.

“Exposure to combat, is not combat,” Barrow said.  “Combat is finding, and closing with, and killing or capturing the enemy … It’s killing!  That’s what it is.  And it’s done in an environment that is as difficult as you can possibly imagine.  Extremes of climate.  Brutality.  Death.  Dying.  It’s uncivilized!  Women can’t do it.” 

When I signed up for the Marines in ’78, I had no clue what I was getting into.  I just wanted to get out of my hometown.  After a few minutes at bootcamp, I wanted to go back.  

It was too late.  

There was only way out now: 13 weeks through a humid, swampy, mosquito-infested chunk of Hell at Parris Island, S.C. – a God-forsaken place where tidal salt marshes breed habitats of pestiferous biting flies.  The worst?  Blood-sucking sand fleas.

More @ Townhall

4 comments:

  1. When I went thru boot at Lackland in 79 we only had steak once a week in the chow hall. Pure hell I tell ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drugs, Press, hippies and draftees destroyed the Stateside Marines between 68 to 75. But the Marines regrouped in Late 70s and regained their Devildog abilities for the next 50 years. Now they are faced with being led by commie sheep. I think the sheep will get bled this time. . Semper Fi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the sheep will get bled this time.

      I pray.

      Delete