Yes, that is one interpretation.
Here is my interpretation:
* The Confederacy was, is, and will continue to be a lawful sovereign nation.
* Lawful boundaries of this sovereign nation were illegally violated.
* Many hundreds of thousands of atrocities -- recognized war crimes -- were committed by the invaders.
* Civilians and non-combatants were intentionally targeted by the invaders in violation of international law.
* After forcing an illegal surrender, the invaders committed, and continue to commit, illegal actions against civilians and non-combatants.
The invaders were, and are, unethical and immoral. I see no productive value in continuing any relationship at any level with the progeny of such individuals.
Taking this to its logical and inevitable end, I believe all evidence points to the invaders attempting to pervert everything they touch into duplicates of themselves. That is unacceptable to me.
But I am doddering into my dowtage, and fully understand the consequences of expressing my long-term views to a society with short-term attention-spans. I understand I am in a shrinking minority.
I understand Shifting Baseline Syndrome, the human adaptation to 'the new normal' enforced by our attempts at daily (hourly?) survival.
After knowing incredible freedoms of travel and association, I am dismayed at all we lost just in my few decades.
I am not saddened nor angered, but merely astonished at the meek acceptance of limitations upon my friends and family.
Their yokes are not yet heavy.