Sunday, December 12, 2021

Bob Dole Planned a Mischievous Surprise for Dems at His Memorial, Cameras Were Rolling When They Caught On


Former Sen. Bob Dole of Kansas, known for his dry wit, got in one last laugh during his own funeral at the Washington National Cathedral in D.C. on Friday.

Daughter Robin Dole read a quip from her father’s farewell letter to America about vote integrity.

“As I make the final walk on my life’s journey, I do so without fear. Because I know that I will, again, not be walking alone. I know that God will be walking with me,” wrote the 1996 Republican presidential nominee, who died Sunday at age 98.

“I also confess that I’m a bit curious to learn if I am correct in thinking that heaven will look a lot like Kansas and to see, like others who have gone before me, if I will still be able to vote in Chicago.”

More @ Flag & Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment