Friday, January 7, 2022

Pabst Blue Ribbon Presents: The Greatest Beer Run Ever

 Via greg swiston via The Feral Irishman

 
 
Brings back memories. ( click the link above and see more info) On that morning we were put on alert, but a buddy and I went to take a shower. On the way back, (as I was complaining about all the recent alerts that were for naught) I noticed an expanding blue circle in the sky and as I asked my friend what it could be, a huge explosion sounded. It was the shock/sound wave (which you see before you hear the explosion) of a section of the Long Binh ammo dump going up. The authorities put Bien Hoa off limits after that which put a big stumbling block in our never ending quest for girls and beer. Of course being such clever souls, we circumvented the problem. We went to Saigon a few days later getting a hop on an assault helicopter out of Bien Hoa. They would oil their doorguns by immersing them into a 55 gallon drum of oil!

No comments:

Post a Comment