Sunday, January 16, 2022

“We went to Walmart today, and my nephew, Lakken, happened to see an elderly man who was having a hard time shopping .......

 
...........and finding things due to not being able to lift his head up and see straight. 
 
He can see the ground and barely the sides of him, so Lakken looks at me and goes, ‘Aunt Ry, can I please help him?’ 
 
I said, ‘Yes.’ 
 
My nephew went up to the man and asked him if he would like some help. His eyes lit up and he said, ‘Well, yes. That would be amazing young man. Thank you so much.' 
 
Lakken was running all over the place for this man and he was so happy. The man told us he hasn’t had help in years, and he was so happy he ran into an amazing, smart young man like Lakken. I was so proud of him.
 
Lakken went and helped him check out and bag his stuff as well, and had them call the show bus. 
 
The man tried to tip Lakken and my nephew said, ‘Oh thank you, but I don’t need this. I enjoyed helping you. You keep your money.'
 
I’m beyond proud of my nephew, Lakken. You don’t see or get many people, let alone children, who do these things for people.”

17 comments:

  1. A fine young man.
    He's going to go far in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This should be the type of story that goes viral instead of all the shit in the news! Fine young man. His parents should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give that young man a hug from me. I pray God will bless him in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He’s the type you would want for your daughter.

      Delete
  4. An uplifting story for sure, and a fine young man, thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best story in days, God Bless him

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that you got to witness his amazing kindness. You should be VERY PROUD. You have made me my week......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Somewhere in this remarkable lad's upbringing there were adults who modeled this behaviour for him. My compliments to them.

    ReplyDelete