Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sebasta has a request:)

Via Val


Cherokee Confederates reunion in New Orleans, 1903.

I qualify for Sims and Farley, so someone please nominate me for an award.........

I belong on a ACW list and received this today – I have decided to send it far and wide in hopes of a very large response to Mr. Sebasta. I'm sure I don't have to tell you about Ed Sebasta but I thought you might find his request to the people on the list of interest. Of course, the moderator wishes I would go away. He doesn't even forward my replies when I am providing requested information that cannot be invalidated. He seems to think that I call him names. Quite the opposite, in fact.

In any event, maybe some of you might like to "help" Mr. Sebasta in his quest for infamous neo-Confederates who pick on helpless academics:

From: Edward H. Sebesta [mailto:esebesta@tx.rr.com]
Subject: Seeking information about neo-Confederate harrassment of persons at a university.

As part of a larger book I am writing a chapter about professors, students others who were harassed or targeted by neo-Confederates. I already have the following cases.

1. Gregory Urwin when he was teaching in Arkansas.

2. John Sims at Gettysburg College

3. A student at East Carolina Univ.

4. The Civil War Center at LSU.

5. Bermudez at Gainesville State University.

6. Jonathan Farley at Vanderbilt University.

It doesn't have to be just an instructor, professor, student or administrator. Visiting speakers, exhibiting artists or any other case which takes place on a campus, whether university, college, community college, or other institute of higher education is of interest.

Please reply to me personally at esebesta@tx.rr.com and not on H-net.

Regards,

Ed Sebesta

2 comments:

  1. How about writing about folks who are harassed because they don't buy the demonization of the South?

    You wanna get harassed at a university?

    Wear a stars and bars t-shirt.

    AP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wear a stars and bars t-shirt:) Email sent.

    ReplyDelete