Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Father Shoots 1 of 3 Armed Home Invaders Who Were Holding His Son Hostage




A northwest Harris County family was terrorized Thursday morning by three home invasion suspects. One of the suspects was shot by the homeowner.

It happened around 8 a.m. at a home in the 10000 block of Waving Field.

"My wife was leaving for school, and my son was on the couch. And he was looking out the window for the school bus," Max Cruz said.

Cruz’s wife had just walked out the door, but she forgot something. Seconds after she came back inside, the three suspects – armed and wearing ski masks—barged in.

"My wife was in the house and said there was a guy with a gun in the house. She handed me my gun," Cruz, who was sleeping when the suspects came in, said.

Meanwhile, Cruz said the suspects grabbed his 12-year-old son and held him hostage in the kitchen.

That’s when Cruz walked up and pulled the trigger.

"As soon as I got to my door, he rushed me, and I shot him," Cruz said.

The suspect was hit in the chest. They all took off running, but the wounded suspect showed up later at Methodist Hospital.

More @ KHOU

5 comments: