Saturday, June 23, 2012

Big Brother?



Hi David, Brock, Bubba

This evening I noticed something disturbing which seems to be new today. RSS feeds seem unaffected, but ...

Norton / Symantec internet security software is returning harsh warning messages for the following patriot blogspots:

Arctic Patriot
Free North Carolina
III Percent Patriots
Silicon Graybeard
TL In Exile
Walter Zoomies World

At the moment, NCRenegade, WhatBubbaKnows, and Western Rifle Shooters are not affected.

Best Regards,

Hans

STATISM and LIBERTY cannot coexist ...

One must perish !

~ Kerodin, III To Liberty

example of warning message:

Fraudulent Web Page Blocked


You attempted to access:

http://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com/

This web page is a known fraudulent web page. It is recommended that you do NOT visit this page.

For your protection, this web page has been blocked. Visit Symantec to learn more about phishing and internet security.

Exit this site

Continue to site anyway

14 comments:

  1. I rec'd a similar heads-up this evening about my site and Kenny's (Knuckledraggin'), but can't duplicate the results.

    I suspect either the person seeing the warnings has an infected machine, OR, Norton is beginning to put us on a warning list.

    I have Norton on my machine, and it doesn't give me a warning when going to any of the listed sites, yet.

    Kerodin
    III

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Norton on my machine, and it doesn't give me a warning when going to any of the listed sites, yet.

    Probably infected as you say. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto for my machine and norton.
    Miss Violet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. Ive always just used free stuff, so don't know about Norton.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Using norton, no warnings on any of the sites listed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got the same email warnings, but no problem accessing sites.
    Whatever...
    Come get me, mfers.
    I have something for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)

      Hello all -

      I just checked the websites listed in my original memo below and am NOT receiving any warning messages at this time.

      The NIS logs show two additional Norton automatic updates were applied tonight ... at 9:09p and 10:09p (after my "alert").

      Haven't a clue what was done and un-done by Norton. Sorry for any inconvenience.

      Hans

      Delete
    2. Test runs to see if folks are paying attention and to how fast alerts go out.

      Delete
  7. I had this problem last night, after a fire Fox update. i too have Norton. i changed a setting on Fire Fox and now no issues. Just found your site, I am adding you to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why isn't MY web site on that list?

    What is it I'm not doing that I need to do?

    ReplyDelete