Friday, November 7, 2014

The Cultural Equality of Man: A Right-Winger Recants

Via comment by  Sioux on We Gotta Get Out Of This Place: Patriots Point Nav...

 

Today I come before the public to bare my soul, confess the evil I have done, and make a clean breast. I will state my crimes as plainly as a drunkard at a recovery meeting, who says, “I am an alcoholic.” In honesty only is there surcease.

My mea culpa: I have, for all my long life, thought some cultures superior to others. I was wrong, deeply wrong, perhaps unforgivably so. Cultures are all equal, as our great and reliable media, notably NPR and the New York Times, have told me.Cultures are just different, not better or worse. How can I have doubted it?

The blame for my rests entirely with me. I will no longer attribute my error to those false gods of the Radical Right: observation, common sense, morality, and an inability to escape the obvious.

For example, I find from Reuters:

6 comments:

  1. Does anyone still go to the Bahamas?
    http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2014/11/07/dont-go-to-the-bahamas-dont-think-about-going-to-the-bahamas/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read this on Vox and followed the link - sad so sad to have bubbles burst and actually see the Evil for what it is.
    http://www.voxday.blogspot.com/2014/11/leaving-leftism.html

    ReplyDelete