Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Marine Survives Shooting By Plugging His Bullet Wounds With His Fingers

His fiance calls him, a U.S. Marine, “superman.” And when you Karl Trenker’s story, that might not be too far off.

Trenker’s fiance recently placed an ad on Craigslist to sell a gold necklace. But when Trenker, instead of his fiance, went to meet the potential buyers last Wednesday, they weren’t really interested in making a deal. Instead, one of the men grabbed the chain and ran with it. Trenker, 29, decided to chase him. That’s when the robber pulled a gun on the veteran and shot him several times in the chest and torso.

“I was pointing out the caret marks on the chain to him, and then kind of pick it up, put it in his hands and said, ‘Yeah, that feels real,’ and then he just took off running,” he told local news outlets, including WSVN-TV.

“I dialed my phone and called my fiancée and said, ‘Listen I’ve been shot I think three times,” he later added:

MORE


No comments:

Post a Comment