Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Marine's career threatened by controversial rules of engagement

Via GunRights4US

I guess being teenagers means you are innocent of any wrong doing since we know teenagers never fight in wars........

Then, about three weeks later, the civilians who helped remove the wounded man from the area were found to be teenagers.

As a result, Waddell was demoted from executive officer, and the battalion commander, Lt. Col. Seth Folsom, determined he had violated rules of engagement that governed when Marines could fire, and at whom. Folsom said Wadell "is not recommended for promotion" and "in violation of [combat rules] during an engagement."


6 comments:

  1. That is such B.S... GRrrrrrr!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy. I tell everyone possible to stay out of the service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After hearing Michael Behenna's mom on Michael Savage...I have been deeply engaged in his fight for an appeal. Since my son wants to follow in basically the same footsteps, this really concerns me. I just found out he is not the only one. Their is a website that highlights American servicemen & women who are ending up in these situations.

    I've never been an activist or part of an activist org but I'm almost to the point if I had more free time I would devote it to this cause.

    My son PFC Robert C. Kricko is following in his Dad's and Grandad's footsteps of being in the military. His Dad was forced to retire as a Lt Colonel as an MP because of an injury he suffered in IRAQ even though he was going for General. His father served in Marines.

    I'm proud but mostly scared about my son and his friends whose MOS is Infantry. He scored high on his ASVAB and served 6 years in ROTC JR and ROTC at ECU. Was accepted to The Citadel and passed on it.

    We, are very concerned about his deployment locations and who will be in charge. He told me most the guys he met in Basic and AIT are not even eligible and should not have passed MEPS, but too much paperwork to discharge a soldier. His drill sargeants told him that these people get weeded out...and fast on the battlefront.

    D.Stroud
    Tarboro, NC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess he has too little experience to find a position at a military school. This isn't the military of old, needless to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much has changed in serving our Country via military service.

    It is no longer an honor to serve, but you are at the whim of a politician in a mercenary force.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is no longer an honor to serve

    Sad, sad, sad.

    ReplyDelete