Friday, April 20, 2012

Sniper rifle manufacturer alleges political bias by Bank of America

WOW! It's coming hot and heavy.

Legal Insurrection
VERBATIM POST

McMillan International and its affiliates, based in Arizona, manufacture a variety of rifles and accessories, including highly regarding sniper rifles.

A reader called to my attention a Facebook post by McMillan alleging that Bank of America terminated its lending relationship for political reasons based on McMillan’s involvement with firearms manufacturing. The post is generating plenty of buzz at gun owner forums and Reddit.

Here is the Facebook post:

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. Today Mr. [_____], Senior Vice President, Marlet Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an “account analysis” meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them. He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.

At this point I interrupted him and asked “Can I possibly save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer want my business.”
“That is correct” he says.

I replied “That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won’t mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?”

“You have to do what you must” he said.

“So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?”
Mr [___] confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing let for him to say.

I think it is import for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd amendment right to keep and bare arms should know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don’t agree with a business’ political position I can not in good conscience support them. We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products.

Kelly D. McMillan
Director of Operations
McMillan Group International, LLC

I have an e-mail into several media relations contacts at Bank of America and will print any response.

[Note, I removed the name of the BofA employee, but it's public at the FB link]

7 comments:

  1. What with another Fed. bankster bailout right around the corner,they no longer need to bother with the public`s "business"to raise revenue.The banker bonuses will be paid on the taxpayer`s dime again backed up by loan`s from Communist China.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand where McMillan is coming from, but...

    Perhaps McMillan could offer a 5% discount for anyone who purchases a firearm or stock from them with a BofA credit card. That way BofA could be forced to finance firearms that they find politically distasteful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BofA customers large and small are living out the fable of the frog and the scorpion. After everything else that BofA has done, I am not the least bit surprised by this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That way BofA could be forced to finance firearms that they find politically distasteful.

    Heh!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like this post has disappeared from FB, though there are comments referencing it... Looks like someone got leaned on, huh?

    I'd HOPE that McM would - if leaned on - go public instantly with the leaning, not taking the post down, but... I'll wait to see what happened...

    As much as part of me likes the "forced to finance..." bit, well... NO.

    F*** them. I agree with McMillan's stance - refuse to do business with anyone who does business with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. There are simple procedures for maintaining and repairing firearms. AR 15 Parts should be carefully lay out as we can able to use them when we need that.

      competition rifles

      Delete