Sunday, April 15, 2012

Suspects in Seneca attack charged with lynching; hate crime charge possible

Via Billy




On March 17th, three white men were leaving an Applebees restaurant after midnight in Seneca, South Carolina. One of the men, Terry Moore, 32, of Macon County, NC, went to the bathroom while his two friends went straight to their car. When Moore walked to the car alone, he encountered between 15 and 20 black men. The men allegedly yelled racial slurs at him like "tree honkey" and "cracker," then brutally attacked him.

Moore's friends say that he was zapped with a tazer and then stomped on after he fell to the crowd. The victim suffered several serious head injuries including a fractured eye socket and a dislocated jaw.

The attack ended when Moore's friends rushed to his aid. The victim is from out of town and did not know any of the attackers.

Seneca police, working with the county sheriff's department and SLED, has apprehended six of the suspects. They are facing state charges for assault and battery by a mob, which is also more commonly known as second degree lynching in South Carolina. The official name of the statute was changed in 2010 over complaints by black racial activists that the term "lynching" was offensive to black people. The statute was originally passed in 1951 at the request of the NAACP.

Yesterday, March 28th, Seneca Police Chief John Covington released a statement saying he believes the attack was racially motivated. He has forwarded the case to the FBI for possible Federal hate crime charges. South Carolina's anti-lynching law allows for judges to give harsher sentences when an assault is part of a mob attack.

​Those charged are Teryn L Robinson, 18; Tray Devon Holland, 19; Justin Dimon Alexander, 20; Derick Lee Williams, 22; Kino Martinez Jones, 25; and Montrez Obrian Jones, 22.

Last June prosecutors charged four suspects in the attack on Carter Strange with second degree lynching. Carter Strange was assaulted at random by eight young black males in the Five Points area of Columbia, SC. He barely survived the attack. The assault is believed to have been motivated purely by racial hatred.

12 comments:

  1. Someone call the revs Sharpton and Jackson Oh Crap I forgot they are too busy stirring up the racial divide because thats all they have left. Hey Brock Love your sight,Just found you recently and letting all my like minded friends from N central N.C. know where to find you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got was this when I clicked on your link.

    Tinurl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. One more try...

    You KNOW we live in a world where you must ALWAYS keep your plastic handy, right?!

    Introducing... THE HONKY EXPRESS CARD!

    DON'T leave home without it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. blah-blah-blah...

    I've been told that my .32 or .380's "not enough gun for defense..."

    Oh?

    Well... That's damn good news for all the thousands of folks dead from German .32s before it was discovered that .32 couldn't kill a man... I guess they can all just get up and walk it off - right?

    Tell you what...

    You step back 21 feet (Tueller-drill!) and I get one shot, then we'll continue this argument about whether a .32 is enough gun for self-defense...

    Sound good?

    It's odd - nobody's taken me up on it YET!

    Kidding aside, your .357 does NOT trump my "mouse guns", because one is ALWAYS on me. Shorts? No problem! Suit? Sure! beach, swimmimg pool... I seal all my defense rounds (nail-polish) and have tested them after submerged in 10' of water for a month - went bang every time!

    Oh - and I can chase golf-balls around the yard with it too...

    I have a golf-ball with a (90gr, IIRC) .380 bullet captured ALMOST exited... I'd shot it, it flew up, bounced and I hit it again before it settled. being airborne, it flew in an actual corkscrew pattern - damnedest thing I EVER saw - and when we found it we found the bullet had stuck just before exiting...

    That says nothing about penetration btw... - the energy was transferred to ball-flight...

    Anyhow... I bet my LIFE on the fact that a ever-present mouse-gun trumps ANYTHING that's not ever-present!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My .357 is always on me with one of my Glock .45's close at hand.:) Seriously, I had a .380 and a .38, but feel more comfortable with my .357. I would feel even better with one of my .45's, but the .357 is the best that I will carry 100% of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you are comfortable and accurate with your .380....cool.

    I'm comfortable and accurate with my 45 ACP.

    There needs to be no argument, we are armed and ready.

    That's what matters.

    Bob
    III

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doesn't matter what size your pea shooter is. On the other end they all look the same...BIG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dixie's Walther .22 looks like a .380 at a glance.

    ReplyDelete