Thursday, November 29, 2012

Bozell Threatens to Steer Donors Away From GOP If They Vote for Tax Hikes


 
Brent Bozell, a veteran conservative advocate and fundraiser, says that if Republican legislators agree to a budget deal that raises taxes he will urge donors to refrain from giving to offending Republican congressmen and the party.

Bozell founded Media Research Center, a watchdog group which has an annual budget of more than $10 million. He’s chairman of the advocacy group ForAmerica and says he has generated hundreds of millions of dollars for “an alphabet soup of conservative causes,” The Hill reports.

Bozell sent a letter to Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus Wednesday outlining his views.

“Reince, it pains me to say this, but if the Republican Party breaks its word to the American people and goes along with President Obama with tax increases, it will have betrayed conservatives for the final time,” he wrote.

“I will make it my mission to ensure that every conservative donor to the Republican Party that I have worked with for the last three decades — there are many, and they have given tens of millions to Republican causes — gives not one penny more to the Republican Party or any member of Congress that votes for tax increases.”

More @ Newsmax

4 comments:

  1. This whole raise/lower tax debate is to simple. We probably need to rethink the whole "tax thing" and figure out a better way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get rid of welfare and go back to relief would be a big start.

      Delete
  2. Yeah true Roger. Taxation is theft.The elected assholes have pissed away 16 plus TRILLION of other peoples dollars, and what do we have to show for it?? They get re elected in perpetuity, and we the people get screwed on a daily basis. I am 54, and I cannot remember ONE FRICKEN VOTE EVER that made me more free than I was before they voted. Damn right it is time to do something different. I am ahead of the curve on donating though, I cut off the Rs after the convention atrocity. Never again. (not like I am a big donor, but hey, Never will they get another.)

    ReplyDelete