Tuesday, January 1, 2013

"I would not trust a single cop, even a relative for my security or freedom."

 

 Sad.


When my son was fifteen, I suggested he join the LAPD’s Explorer Program, because he was a bit lost. If memory serves, the recruits spent three months at the LAPD Academy for the basic training.

The first exercise on the first hour was to fall down eyes closed so your fellow recruits would catch you. After the last recruit had fallen to the hands of the comrades, the LAPD sergeant running the show declared, “I hope you now comprehend that the only ones you can rely on EVER are your fellow officers.”

No doubt the Explorer Program was great for a teenager. The LAPD provided a real adult playground for them, from real sting operations to meeting the rich and famous in several festivities. I was relieved, one son saved, two more to go.

My son then enlisted to the military (being under age for the Academy), and spent there for five years. Now he was old enough to apply to the real LAPD. Regardless of our feelings of the department, we’re proud of our son. He had excelled in the high school, Explorers, military and now in the LAPD. He is currently a detective, always seeking the toughest jobs from anti-terrorism to violent-criminal task force to gang units.

A bit over a year ago, when he was visiting with his wife, I asked how he felt about the continuing SWAT assassinations all over the country, especially at the wrong addresses. He was very reluctant to respond. I finally told him that I’m not going to let anyone come through my door and shoot me, because I know that I’ve never committed a crime in my life – not even a parking ticket.

He response was, “And then an innocent police officer dies.” I tried to explain that the LEO did not have reason to come to my home in the first place and kick down my door and then try to kill me. I, on the other hand, had all the grounds to defend my life.

In brief, after long and heated discussion: My son (I always thought he’d be an artist) preferred the life of an unknown village cop to his own, innocent father.

I’ve not spoken a word with him ever since. He will not apologize (tells my wife) and I will not forgive. Prior to the LAPD Explorer Program, we’d spent almost fifteen years traveling the world, living in numerous countries. We’re a very close family.

Based on the little information he (and the other cops in the family) has provided to me, I would not trust a single cop, even a relative for my security or freedom.

One more thing, there could not exist bad cops without the good looking the other way.

Tino

15 comments:

  1. "...there could not exist bad cops without the good looking the other way"

    Exactly.

    Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “And then an innocent police officer dies.”

    Violating someone else's rights instantly makes someone "non-innocent"... even if simply following orders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brock, you ought to have contacted me, so I'd have provided you with photos for the post.

    Tino.

    P.S. Yup, it's sad. It's sad especially during Christmas and birthdays. Such is life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give them to me please and I'll insert them and thanks.

      Delete
  4. So Tino encouraged his son to join the LAPD, one of the greatest criminal enterprises in the history of the planet, let alone the US, and now he is surprised and distraught his progeny was conditioned, brainwashed and has chosen to side with the rest of his tax-eating criminal buddies over common "civilans"?

    And we're expected to empathize with the man that is responsible for guiding his child into the hands of the State and his turning into a statist drone?

    Really? Is this some sort of joke?

    Tino does not have my pity, but he sure has a lot of my contempt.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now he was old enough to apply to the real LAPD. Regardless of our feelings of the department, we’re proud of our son.

      I didn't see anything that said he encouraged him and at 21 years of age, he was obviously his own man.

      Delete
  5. Some ignoramuses don't know that the police explorer program is run by the Boy Scouts. The local PD is providing most of the training along the guidelines approved.

    I've not seeked for pity, and I'm proud of your contempt. Nebbishes always have that effect on me.

    Feel cool now? :)

    Tino

    P.S. Does anyone else feel the froathing from the mouth? Cops to this nebbish is like water to rat with rabies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They usually breeze in for one post and that's it.

      Delete
  6. I don't trust anyone who works for the gov't. I've even told my son that one day I expect him and the rest of armed services pointing a rifle at his own family. What can he do? He answers to the gov't. If they want to herd us up and take us to a camp, that is what he is going to have to do, family and friends won't matter.

    D.Stroud
    ENC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Refuse an unlawful order. You've got to talk to him Deborah.

      Delete
  7. Wow, and i was just thinking of putting my own daughter into the the local Police for kids camp to "toughen her up a bit." She is so girly. After this, I guess I will not. The terrible thing about "conflict" in our own country is it will be in some cases family against family. This is a very sad story, but I agree. I would not trust a single LEO, because like the military they (we) are a gang. We look after our own first.

    ReplyDelete