Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Ammo shortage: 2008 and now

 Ammo shortage: 2008 and now

Tried to buy ammo lately?  Many people can’t find what they need, or what they find is very expensive.  Standard .223 FMJ is selling for more than a buck a round at some places – and that’s when you can find it.  Welcome to the 2013 ammo shortage.

One of the never-ending debates with gun folks has been what kind of calibers to own in a disaster situation.  That disaster might be a widespread natural disaster, an incident of terrorism or even just a political disaster that causes a scarcity of shooting supplies.  It seems we are in a political disaster of sorts.  ”Never let a good crisis go to waste” is what this administration seems to practice, and they are quite content to push the disarming of Americans on the bodies of dead school children.  Shameful.

Regardless on how we’ve got here, we are in an ammo shortage.  In the past, I have frequently heard three theories bandied about on the topic of ammunition selection for disasters.  While adopting one of these theories now is a little late to do you any good, thinking about them while observing the current firearms market might give you insight for future planning.

Caliber Consolidation:

3 comments:

  1. I personally have spent a great deal of $$ on firearms, ammunition and training since July 2012 when all of a sudden false flag events started popping up everywhere (Aurora, Sikh temple, etc.). I DID NOT really "have the $$ to spend", but I knew that if I didn't acquire the firearms soon, I would probably never be able to do so. I have chosen to standardize on NATO calibers (9mm, 12 ga., 5.56mm/.223, 7.62mm/.308) so that if need be, I have a much better chance of being able to find ammo if SHTF (say off of someone that no longer needs it, if you know what I mean). The only thing I don't have and am currently looking for at an affordable price is a .22lr rifle (10/22, etc), although my daughter does have a Stoeger .22 break action pellet rifle for shooting small game in a pinch).

    Alan S. Pedersen
    III Congressional Delegate, SC
    Fort Mill, SC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan - sounds good with what you have written. Do you have any plans to get into reloading?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked around and there is little available, much less affordable.

      Delete