Saturday, March 30, 2013

Deviled Eggs

Via SHNV

 

 One day when my sister and I were in an antique store, she picked up a deviled egg plate and said, “Since I’m Southern, I probably should have one of these.” Alas, neither of us purchased one. Fast forward 20 years: I spot a nice glass deviled egg plate at Goodwill for $5. But did I buy it? Oh, no, I did not. Then a couple of weeks later I run across that SAME glass deviled egg plate at an antique store and they wanted $50 for it.

Right now you are probably thinking that I spend far too much time rooting through people’s old stuff. And I haven’t even mentioned my new estate sale obsession…But I digress…

I never actually tried a deviled egg until I was well into my thirties. I grew up Southern Baptist, for whom eating Satanic snack food is a sin almost on par with dancing. Ok, I made that up. Baptists eat heaps of deviled eggs (especially around Easter). But the sinful dancing part is true, in case y’all missed “Footloose.”

6 comments:

  1. Not eat a deviled egg until she was in her thirties! Bless her heart. ;)

    We LOVE deviled eggs, even my picky eater husband eats them. The more mustard the better too!!!

    Miss V

    PS- A Blessed Easter to you and yours Brock. If you are not a Christian, just ignore that and enjoy the jelly beans. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless her heart. ;)

      Priceless.:)
      ============
      The more mustard the better too!!!

      Amen!
      ===========
      PS- A Blessed Easter to you and yours Brock. If you are not a Christian, just ignore that and enjoy the jelly beans. ;)

      :) Who can't be a Christian at Easter and Christmas, pray tell?:)
      & the same to y'all.

      Delete
  2. AMartinez no not that one!March 31, 2013 at 8:20 AM

    Up with the wife right now watching her make them, out of the fresh eggs from my coop. Have a Blessed Easter Mr. Townsend P.S., If you and yours are out for a Easter drive we have plenty and would welcome all to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up with the wife right now watching her make them, out of the fresh eggs from my coop.

      That's wonderful.
      =======
      Have a Blessed Easter Mr. Townsend P.S., If you and yours are out for a Easter drive we have plenty and would welcome all to stop by.

      Thank you and the same to y'all. Where do you live as I've forgotten?

      Delete
    2. AMartinez no not that one!March 31, 2013 at 7:29 PM

      Winston co. Alabama, little town of Arley.

      Delete
    3. Dern, a little too far from here for an Easter drive, but thanks the same and I'll keep you in mind if I get down that way.:)

      Delete