Monday, April 22, 2013

100 Round AR-15 C-Mag Copy from KCI Korea – Gear Review


This was our second KCI magazine tested with a full 100 round compliment of Fiocchi .223. As you can see, except for a minor pause for adjusting hearing protection, the mag ran perfectly, as had the first one. At around a buck around for .223 for the foreseeable future we don’t do a lot of these tests, but it was worth a couple hundred bucks to see if these mags actually work. This summer we hope to use them for 3-Gun matches and prairie dogs.

It was a huge surprise when, on March 1st, right at the top of the high cap mag crisis, I got an email from the Sportsman’s Guide for “100 Round AR-15 Magazines.” Excuse me? What do you live in a cave? Who isn’t sold out on any and all AR-15 mags for six months at this point? But sure enough, the sale was real, and while people were still buying 30 round P-Mags on the auction sites for almost 100 bucks each, I got two of what appear to be exact copies of the Beta C-Mag for $179 each (after I joined their stupid club, otherwise they are $199).

 Initially I thought that it was kind of a dumb move. They were probably a cheap Chinese copy and probably didn’t work well, but since I could write about them for you guys, and “the company” could pay for them, I figured I’d give them a try. Bad reviews are as well received as positive reviews here, and if they were anything like the other after high cap mags I have bought at gun shows over the years, they would end up in the garbage after my scathing review.

No comments:

Post a Comment