Thursday, June 13, 2013

"...... contribute more by going to the Tripoli airport to meet the casualties upon return......"

 dempsey
 Incompetency personified is the best and a liar the worst I can come up with. Oh yeah, just wait for them to become casualties instead of attempting to bring them out unharmed or at least alive. Makes perfect sense to me...........ain't my Army.



The U.S. special operations team in Libya were never ordered to stand down during last September's deadly terrorist attack on the American Consulate in Benghazi.

"They weren't [told] to stand down," Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Martin Dempsey testified during Wednesday's House Budget Committee hearing.

The Benghazi strike ended with the deaths of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.During the hearing, Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) pressed Dempsey on his comments, asking whether requests to go to Benghazi by the U.S. special operations forces unit were denied by higher command.

Dempsey replied the team's request was denied. However, the decision was not a stand-down order, he said.

"A stand down means don't do anything. They were told ... that the mission they were asked to perform was not in Benghazi, but was at Tripoli airport," the four-star general told the committee.

More @ The Hill

2 comments:

  1. "ain't my Army." Quote of the year. I gave the Army all my productive years and here at Father's day I pay tribute to my Dad who was blown out of a foxhole in the Hurtgen Forest and never fully recovered and died in a VA hospital. It's just as well that he and his Army father (1899) aren't here to see the craven Generals kowtowing to those whom VP Spiro Agnew rightly called "an effete corps of impudent snobs who characterize themselves as intellectuals." I usually condense his great statement to "effete Eastern elite."

    Call me a crook, but I'd love to have him and Richard Milhaus Nixon back in the White House.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just as well that he and his Army father (1899) aren't here to see the craven Generals kowtowing to those whom VP Spiro Agnew rightly called "an effete corps of impudent snobs who characterize themselves as intellectuals."

      Amen.
      =======
      Call me a crook, but I'd love to have him and Richard Milhous Nixon back in the White House.

      Indeed, at least he wasn't a Communist and would have kept his word to South Vietnam. By the way, where are Goldwater and LeMay when we really need them?:)

      Delete