Friday, June 14, 2013

Video Game Casts Tea Party and Patriot Groups as Enemy Terrorists

Via Marquis

 

Magazine article literally asks, “Do you have what it takes to pull the trigger on a fellow citizen?”

The latest installment of the popular Rainbow Six video game franchise casts Americans fed up with government corruption and banker domination as domestic terrorists intent on carrying out killings and bombings, yet another startling indication of how media is influencing the public to accept protesters and people generally upset with the way their government is being run as the new terrorist threat.

“In Tom Clancy’s Rainbow 6 Patriots, Team Rainbow faces a new and very real threat called the ‘True Patriots,’ a highly-trained, well-organized revolutionary group that claim the American government is irrevocably corrupted by greedy politicians and corporate special interests. The True Patriots will do whatever it takes to reclaim their country,” Ubisoft’s description of the game states.

The description goes on to label members of the fictitious movement as the “new breed of terrorists,” stating, “…players will face critical scenarios that will require them to make tough ethical decisions in order to stop this new breed of terrorists.”

More @ Info Wars

6 comments:

  1. Wonder if you can request "True Patriot" as your team in multiplayer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be interested in this game if I could play the "true patriot" side. Will the gameplay be slowed down by the government search engine trying to find my identity while I play?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will the gameplay be slowed down by the government search engine trying to find my identity while I play?

      :) The more visible, the better.

      Delete
  3. Oh this will definitly influence quite a few of the call of duty crowd. Theyll eat this right up.
    I think its about time I sell my playstation and get another gun.
    ID-Sean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its about time I sell my playstation and get another gun.

      Absolutely.:)

      Delete