Friday, July 19, 2013

Tuscarora & Core Creek (Small World)

 http://www.doverdancers.org/DSCN1483.JPG

Searching for homeschoolers organizations in/around Pitt county I ran across the Free North Carolina Blog.

I've long been interested in genealogy and NC history.  My own families (Rhodes/Spruill/Everett/Brickhouse- English/Scot origins) are from primarily the Tyrrell County area (There are a few Koonce's in the Plymouth area by the way).

A few weeks back while researching local organic food options I happened upon Nooherooka Natural and then read this article 300 years later, a forgotten Indian massacre gets renewed attention and further immersion into an organic lifestyle and increasing discontent with the local schools began researching homeschooling whereby I came upon the post about the Pitt County (Eastern NC) Homeschoolers Annual Historical Ball and was drawn to the little side-bar regarding Core Creek Militia and was thoroughly amazed that I had come full circle.

How interesting and what a small world it is.  I didn't know if you knew of this particular information but thought it best to pass along just in case you were unaware of any portion.

A Kindred Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment