Saturday, September 14, 2013

Why Security Is Important Immediately

I have installed wireless IP cameras at my house in the mountains with Blue Iris software to allow 24/7 monitoring of the premises. This system has built-in motion sensors and night vision. When the motion sensor is tripped, two pictures are sent to my email account. A short video is also made and recorded. Without going into details, this house is in a very remote location with few people in the immediate vicinity. However, anyone doing surveillance within the radius of one mile would be noticed and reported.

The cameras are inconspicuous but effective as shown here. The individual in the first picture had already walked up the stairs to my second story, knocked on the front door and received no reply. He then went to the side of the house and checked the interior of the home as seen in the second picture.

nsa1a
nsa2a

Based on the time stamps, this individual went back to his vehicle and came back ten minutes later with what appears to be a computer and radio antenna.



nsa1
nsa2 

More @ NC Renegade

9 comments:

  1. Wal-Mart here has a bewildering array of home electronic security equipment. But I need a school on how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check the links in the article. Foscams and Blue Iris are a great solution as seen above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each Foscam internal camera is $54. A router is $60-80 if you need one. Blue Iris software is $50.

    I guess I will be installing systems for people in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Do you know how much you would charge say for 4 cameras plus? Looking at the top picture again, he reminds me of Michael.......:)

      Delete
  4. Don't forget remote audio surveillance. Do a search on "laser microphone" or "laser audio surveillance". Paste isn't working for me this afternoon or I would have posted a link. Even meatspace in your own home isn't safe.
    Terry
    Fla.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use Asante (indoor) and Vivotek (outdoor) cameras - these multi-megapixel cameras are easily available online and at a reasonable cost. My software is Security Monitor Pro, an excellent video surveillance software and I love it. It has time based recording and motion detection alerting, and remote viewing, along with many other features that are useful. Easy to use and reliable. Also supports webcams and all Foscam IP cameras.

    ReplyDelete