Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Joshua James Crash This Train Acoustic

Via 55 Six


I hope you find what you're lookin for when it all comes runnin down
I hope you find it painted black on your window, or the lips of your lovers frown
Cuz if it dies in cold, when the clouds start to roll.
Is it then that your soul, starts to bleed?
Have you ever seen the President who killed your wounded child?
Or the man that crashed your sisters plane claimin he was sent of god?
And when she died in your arms, late that night in the dark,
did you pray to your God to come home?
Cuz it ain't fair to say, that these tracks are the same.

Chorus:
So god if you can hear me crash this train
said god if you can hear me crash this train.

Now a note to the President, and the Government, and the judges of this place.
We're still waitin for you to bring our troops home, clean up that mess you made.
Cuz it smells of blood and money across the Iraqi land.
But its so easy here to blind us with your "United We Stand"
And it ain't hard to see that this Country ain't free.

Chorus:
So god if you can hear me crash this train
said god if you can hear me crash this train.

To the mothers and the fathers who done the best they could.
Raisin youngins in a messed up world, it ain't so understood.
So I'll cover my ears, and my eyes, pretend that loves the same.
Cuz with one courts signature, it all becomes erased.
And it ain't hard to tell,
when its love we sell.

Chorus:
So god if you can hear me, crash this train
Said god if you can hear me crash this train.
God if you can hear me crash this train.
I said God if you can hear me crash this train.

7 comments:

  1. Brock and 55 6, this may possibly be the most powerful song I have ever heard, and Lord knows I have heard more than my share. Everything about this piece works, from a songwriters perspective in least my opinion, for whatever that is or is not worth. Thanks for sharing this most moving piece of music; I doubt I will ever get this out of my head, and I intend to break my own rule of not covering other peoples music and add it to my set list. Thanks to you both for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It moved me to tears. This guy is the real deal and it is so relevant to where we find ourselves. -55six

      Delete
    2. Did you just come across this or do you follow him?

      Delete
  2. This song actually was the closing song on Sons Of Anarchy this week. Another song he did called Coal War I was already familiar with. I knew of the guy but after some looking at his music I am solidly in the fan camp. Look up "Farmer From The West" -55six

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the song we've been waiting for. A song for these end-times of this once great republic. It's going out to everybody on my list and my Google+. Well done.

    ReplyDelete