Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Open for Business: Gov't to Erect $98,670 Outhouse

 Romtec

The Federal Bureau of Land Management (BLM) recently paid $98,670 for the purchase and installation of an outhouse at the Swede Park Trail Head in Alaska.

The purchase includes a single-vault Romtec 1011 "Aspen Single" prefabricated waterless toilet and its installation at the parking area for the trail head.

KJ Mushovic of the BLM tells CNSNews.com, “Almost half of it (contract expense) is for the cost of the toilet.”

The Oregon based company Romtec lists the "Aspen Single" model on its website for “as low as $9,999”, but the BLM says the price they paid likely includes shipping to Alaska.

“And the cost of all the materials that will have to be taken to the site, Mushovic said. “There will be earthwork that’ll have to be done.”

More @ CNS News

11 comments:

  1. How about if they just hammer a nail in a tree and hang a shovel on it. There - I just saved the U.S. taxpayers $98,660.00......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Headed back to the motel around 6:30 after helping Tom with the HAM radio antenna. Wanted to get back before dark so that I knew my way to and fro for the rest of the week.

      Delete
    2. Certainly, but if you want to camp here or in a bed, you are more than welcome.

      Delete
    3. I appreciate the hospitality!

      Delete
  3. an American who cant dig a latrine is shit out of luck. My Grandad dug latrines in France. My dad dug latrines at fort Sam Houston. I will be DAMNED if my sons dont know how to dig a damn latrine at Yellowstone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present, without further ado, The Obama Presidential Library!! Please slip all submissions through the hole.

    ReplyDelete