Friday, December 20, 2013

Duck Hunt: NAACP Blasts Phil Robertson as 'Racist'

 

 

The left's shrill witch hunt to snuff out a culturally conservative television phenomenon marched on Thursday when the NAACP blasted "Duck Dynasty" patriarch Phil Robertson as  "racist." During an interview with "GQ" magazine, the 67 year-old Robertson described himself as "white trash" and said that his memory does not comport with a Jim Crow South that is seen by most as a living hell for blacks. Apparently, what you remember now qualifies you as a racist:

"I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person," Robertson told GQ writer Drew Margary. "Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues."

Three points…

More @ Breitbart

No comments:

Post a Comment