Saturday, December 21, 2013

Media Assassination: Duck Dynasty

 

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/duck-dynasty-robertson-family-statement.jpg

I confess I did not read the GQ article that started the Duck Dynasty controversy. I don't know if Phil Robertson linked his views on homosexuality with his faith. I don't know and I don't care. I have watched Duck Dynasty and here is my take on the Robertson clan: They don't care about the show near as much as A&E does.

Not too long ago there was a story about A&E wanting to keep the prayers in the show general and not to mention Jesus. To this, Phil Robertson said no Jesus, no show. I think the GQ interview was a hit piece. It was set up by A&E. I think they wanted to get rid of Phil and thought they might be able to deal with the children if he were out of the picture. So, they set up this interview and they were shocked, shocked that he might say something that would give them the moral high ground for suspending him.

No comments:

Post a Comment