Friday, December 6, 2013

Teen Won’t Stop Wearing Confederate Flag Belt Buckle to School, Despite Suspension (Video)

Via SHNV

article image

Cody Long has been warned by Mason High School to stop wearing a Confederate flag belt buckle to school.

The teen started wearing the controversial belt buckle to the Mason, Ohio school after the friend, who gave it to him, died (video below).

“I don’t like to pick fights that much,” Long told Fox 19. “I am not one to start them, but I am one to finish it.”

Mason High School officials suspended Long over getting into a fight over the belt buckle, but his mother, Tammy Long, defended her son, “Just because you are offended by something, doesn’t meant you have to stop someone else from using it.”

“He won’t be ‘him’ if someone continues to tell us how to be and how to dress and how to act,” she added.

5 comments:

  1. I want a belt buckle just like it! And dare anyone touch it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I don't think he'd have been suspended if it had been a hammer and sickle belt buckle no matter who it offended. Come to think of it, aren't Che Guevara t-shirts popular now? Anybody been suspended for wearing one of those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure not, but you gave me an idea. We should try and get someone to wear a Confederate themed item as well as one or two of what you referred to. Should be interesting.

      Delete
    2. Absolutely marvelous. I appreciate your sense of the absurd. Something like that might just make some petty tinpot tyrant's tiny brain go into vapor lock.

      Delete