Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Mossberg 500 vs. Remington 870: We Settle the Debate Once and For All :)

 


We took two classic pump guns and beat the snot out them to determine which is tougher: the Mossberg 500 or the Remington 870.  Check out our Battle of the Boat Paddles.

Duck Dunk

Both shotguns were dropped from 3 feet into a clay-mud hole with the action open. They stayed submerged for one minute, and the process was repeated three times. Afterward, each shotgun was rinsed out, loaded, and shot. Both accepted shells with no problem. The Mossberg’s slide became considerably more gritty than the Remington’s, but both were up to the task. Upon firing, the Remington’s trigger stuck initially, but then it worked without flaw.

Winner: The 500, because it functioned slightly better than the 870.

More @ Outdoor Life

2 comments:

  1. I researched well before I bought my Mossberg, I was definitely gonna buy one of these two as my home defense gun. Very happy with my choice...

    ReplyDelete