Wednesday, May 21, 2014

1967 Chevrolet Corvette L88 Coupe Factory Side Exhaust, Tank Sticker

 S113 1967 Chevrolet Corvette L88 Coupe Factory Side Exhaust, Tank Sticker Photo 1

This 1967 Chevrolet Corvette L88 Coupe enjoys a high profile in the Corvette community and has everything for the discerning collector. Finished in popular Marina Blue with Black interior, it is a rare factory side exhaust-equipped version of the first-year L88 documented with the original tank sticker, restored by the renowned Naber Brothers and featured in multiple Bloomington Gold Special Collections spanning three decades. Best of all, it is part of one of the most memorable eras in the history of America’s Sports Car.

The most potent 427 CI engine in 1967 was not even listed in the Corvette sales material. Available only in the Corvette, RPO L88 was the ultimate realization of Chief Engineer Zora Arkus Duntov’s relentless development program, one that included a 660 HP 427 with chain-driven overhead cams patterned after Ford’s SOHC engine and a more conventional pushrod hemi-head engine rated at 628 horses.

More @ MECUM

7 comments:

  1. You're killing me with all of those memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Too bad we didn't keep ours.

      Delete
    2. No kidding! What would they be worth today? Not that we would make the same mistake twice!

      Delete
  2. Man, that thing gives me a .........

    Never mind, this is a family site.

    Sigh.

    Bob
    III

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite body style, my L68 427 WAS built in L88 fashion, but that can really stunk on the street. I'm planning on a 496 to 540 build this time, all forged, no more melt downs, I can't afford it......... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all forged, no more melt downs, I can't afford it......... ;-)

      When I added nitrous to my car last time, I went for the bottle in a bag, so I would be tempted to use it at a whim and get in trouble.

      Delete