Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Well Regulated Militia…

Via WiscoDave

JTX_2014_03

I lay on a pile of cow crap and nettles, peering uselessly through weeds growing on a wire fence. I am unable to see more than 12 feet into an open field. Prone, my neck and shoulders hurt as I crane hoping to see far enough so that I can have some warning of advancing forces. I am sweating out buckets, soaking my Battle Dress Uniform (BDU), boonie hat and underwear as thoroughly as if I had been caught in a thunderstorm. My neck is developing a sunburn because, like an idiot, I failed to put sunblock into my kit. Baking in the sun, unable to see anything, feeling hot, bored and useless, I remember why I left the Army . . .

6 comments:

  1. I saw on Fox News this morning that the coyotes in Mexico are laying down
    cover fire across the Rio Grand with .50 cal to keep the border patrol pinned down
    while drug smugglers and terrorist cross.

    Apparently our commander in chief, as usual, pays it no mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Air Force Air Guard for Support. Return fire and turn a few heads. It worked when terrorists were taking pot shots in Lebanon. A sniper fired a tracer for location - the the '60's were put in action. If the did it right they could prevent them from getting across the border back into Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recon that when the time comes (and the crap hits the fan) we may all look like a rag tag sorry lot of fighters. BUT history reminds us that we have traditionaly started out weak but prevailed anyway. Dont underestimate a man or woman with the desire for freedom in his heart and nothing in his belly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen.

      24. A Federal surgeon at the battle of Sharpsburg:

      "It is beyond all wonder how such men as the rebel (sic) troops can fight on as they do; that, filthy, sick, hungry, and miserable, they should prove such heroes in fight, is past explanation - one regiment stood up before the fire of two or three of our long- range batteries and of two regiments of infantry, and though the air around them was vocal with the whistle of bullets and scream of shells, there they stood, and delivered their fire in perfect order; and there they continued to stand......"
      http://www.namsouth.com/viewtopic.php?t=75&highlight=quotes

      Delete