Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Through the Eye of the Microscope

 

 LANGUAGE

In my role as chief social oncologist of the Republic (remember it?) I offer the following diagnostic snippets. Although the patient is dying, the disease remains of interest. Let us begin with the Secretary of State. A headline:

Kerry: 'I'm Working Hard to ... Have Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Ambassadors'
From a curmudgeonly point of view, this is wonderful.  America is going to be represented abroad by a freak show. The country is going to hell, sissified neocon Tamerlanes in panties bankrupt us with brainless wars they don´t understand, the schools make us an international joke, but the Secretary of State rushes to fill the consulates with sexual abnormalities.

Washington begins to make a Weimar bordello look like Mormon Sunday school. I picture myself showing up at some embassy for an interview and being told, “The ambassador will be with you in a moment. Just now, he’s fucking a sheep.”

Male or female? The sheep, I mean. With the ambassador, it would probably be hard to tell.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, that made me laugh. Too bad it's true...
    Miss Violet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Ambassadors be immediately assigned to all Muslim countries.

    Badger

    ReplyDelete