Wednesday, December 17, 2014

1971 Dodge Hemi Challenger R/T Unrestored One Owner Car with 1,871 Miles 426/425 HP 4-Speed

https://img.mecum.com/auctions/FL0115/FL0115-204293/images/FL0115-204293_1.jpg

This 1971 Dodge Hemi Challenger R/T is the stuff of which collector dreams are made. It is a genuine factory Hemi 4-speed R/T with Mopar Nationals certification as Unrestored Factory Stock. It is unrestored and original right down to its Goodyear Polyglas GT tires and the factory protective plastic still covering the rear seat belts. As if that was not enough to recommend it to any Mopar aficionado, here are the kickers: its owner, retired railroad worker Greg Hernandez of North Liberty, Iowa, bought it new at Hendryx Motor Company in Cedar Rapids, and he has driven it a total of 1,871 miles.

More @ MECUM

14 comments:

  1. You know what would REALLY set it off: fart pipes, spinners, flames, undercarriage LEDs and a 2' wing on the back!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Not me, but I'd go for old style Cragar mags and a black exterior, though. I think the Superbird takes the cake for the ugliest car ever. :)

      Delete
    2. Sarcasm aside, it is a damn fine car. Although I am a Mad Max fan, the car from the movie Bellflower is neat...

      Delete
  2. I could enjoy the flame throwers but the led's and wing arent for me. Dang fine car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are heretics, heretics I say... this is an unrestored Hemi Challenger... you don't not bling it or put Cragers on it, you admire it for it's understated beauty... You appreciate its simple, powerful style and grace.... oh simpletons...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You simply don't understand, my dear Sir, that muscle cars are naked, naked I say, without Cragars! :)

      Delete
    2. Is that your opinion Sir, and you are going to stick to it?

      Delete
    3. :) Unfortunately I never had the money to put them on my 65' Hi-Po because a set of 4 was, hang on now, $120! Couldn't even pay on time..........:(

      Delete
  4. Gotta chime in on the side of Cragers. And who couldnt love a nice set of Keystone Classics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leave the unmolested beauty alone and let it shine on as the American idol it is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to be the most hideous color they ever came out with, but I agree it shouldn't be changed since I don't own it..........:)

      Delete