Thursday, February 12, 2015

Did Obama really say: ‘I will stand with the Muslims?’

Via Michael 



Via Joe

Do words matter? I think they do. I think we all need to take a man at his word. Barack Obama’s words from his own life story are under debate, yet should be of interest to all of us. Many conservatives attribute these words to Obama from his autobiography, “I will stand with the Muslims.”

Those were not his exact words. But his actions indicate it is exactly what he meant.

Many defenders of Obama say that is too simplistic of an interpretation and the words have been taken out of context. The reference came in a paragraph where Obama discussed prejudice against different races and religions. He made it clear that it’s unfair for people to jump to conclusions and tar all members of one race or religion with the deeds of one small group of people. Defenders of Obama believe he promised only to defend Muslims against that kind of prejudice. They interpret his words to mean he promised to defend Muslims against the kind of unfair internment faced by Japanese-Americans during World War II.

2 comments:

  1. I wish the above as a bumper sticker I could put on the back of my truck. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can have it made on the Internet. The last time it was two for $7. Just tried to find the place that I've had them made before and came across this one that's cheaper. Don't know about the quality though, but may be fine just more competition.

      http://www.buildasign.com/Bumper-Stickers

      Delete