Friday, March 13, 2015

Kel-Tec CL42 flashlight: Brilliant simplicity for hand-held use and weapon mounts

Via Oleg

 sub2000mk2_weaponlight_0238web

Working with high-end programmable “tactical” flashlights over the years, i found myself rather confused by the expectation that the user could remember the complex pattern of “press-press-hold-press” or some such to activate special modes under stress. My own preference has always been for simple, specialized equipment. As the space on my belt has grown scarce, I also developed a liking for smaller and lighter designs.

Kel-Tec CL-42 light is definitely small, light and simple. Four and a half inches long, it weighs just over 2.6 ounces. The clip makes it easy to carry either in a pocket or on a belt. Since my use of flashlights is very sporadic, having two CR123 lithium batteries means excellent shelf life. With AA batteries (unless I buy equally expensive lithiums), the shelf life is shorter and I’ve run into problems when needing a bright light on a short notice. AAs do work fine for the work lights that get used more regularly.

More @ All Outdoor

No comments:

Post a Comment