Friday, March 27, 2015

Please Don’t Awaken the Sleeping Church (Gory picture warning)

Via Billy


Recently on http://www.thedailybeast.com I read an article entitled: A Global Slaughter of Christians, but America’s Churches Stay Silent. It was written by a Kirsten Powers. I don’t know anything about this lady but she did posit some thoughts that American Christians should be thinking about and probably haven’t a clue about.

Anyone who has read my material in recent years realizes that I have grave questions about what the Church in this country is doing (and isn’t doing). The Church today seems to be submerged in what I would call a wait for the rapture, just be nice, the Lord’s in control and so we do nothing theology. That’s about the briefest way I can describe it and keep it civil.

Powers states in her article: “Christians in the Middle East and Africa are being slaughtered, tortured, raped, kidnapped, beheaded, and forced to flee the birthplace of Christianity. One would think this horror might be consuming the pulpits and pews of American churches. Not so. The silence has been nearly deafening.”

6 comments:

  1. Kirsten Powers is actually a Democrat operative who works as a Fox News political contributor. Even though she leans hard left she seems to have a sense of fairness and in recent months appears to be seeing the light with respect to the Obama regime.
    I don't often agree with her but we do agree on the organized churches of today. That is the lower case "c" church as opposed to THE CHURCH or the body of Christ.
    Most of the lower case c churches seem to me nothing more than a group of country clubs for "religious" folks. Seems like Ms. Powers agrees with me on that point.
    When the judgment comes I fear many who think they are among the chosen will be judged and found lacking.

    My mom is elderly but still has a clear mind. I've been trying for years to get her to see what is going on in this country and where the churches are going lacking. All I can get out of her is "well, the end time is coming". I keep telling her that I'm not worried about the end times. I'm worried about living until the end times come. Seems to me the lower case church has by and large forgotten our obligation as Christians and citizens.

    Just one sinners opinion. CH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I believe the Episcopal Church started this during the Vietnam War.

      Delete
  2. I don't under stand the Christian stance either. It's like they don't want to get
    involved. There is a Christian minister imprisoned in the ME and has been for
    a long time who went to the ME to help victims. Nothing. Every once in a while
    something will come up about this, but that is all. But they're really involved in
    bring refugees that don't belong into this country for the big bucks. Despicable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're really involved in
      bring refugees that don't belong into this country for the big bucks. Despicable.

      Absolutely.

      Delete
  3. Apostle Paul said: “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, ‘For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.’ Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.”
    The Christian's long battle with the pagans. The Christians reigned.

    ReplyDelete