Tuesday, May 26, 2015

NC: Concealed carry permits soar amid political, safety fears


After a couple of break-ins and with her husband out of town on business at times, Kim Smith Worley decided to take her safety into her own hands.

Just as millions of other Americans have in recent years, she bought a gun and got her concealed carry permit, which allows her to legally carry the weapon on her or in her car, as long as she abides by state laws.

"I just wanted something for protection," Worley said. "I never grew up around firearms, but when I got married, my husband, he had grown up around them and he shoots a lot, so he got me used to them."

Initially, she really didn't want anything to do with them, though. But the break-ins at their west Buncombe residence changed her mind.

"With me being here by myself sometimes, I figured I need to get over that fear," Worley said. "I started going to the gun range with my husband, and I decided to take the course."

2 comments:

  1. Here in Asheville, there are black on white crimes going on and have been going
    on. There were a few that was reported by the local station that were by no means civil
    but brutal. I released the stories to Colin Flaherty and he reported them; then no more stories were reported.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I released the stories to Colin Flaherty and he reported them; then no more stories were reported.

      Our commie world. Thanks.

      Delete