Sunday, October 11, 2015

The New Scar on My Soul

From a friend

http://liveactionnews.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/girlstargetedfordeath-700x230.png

Dated

My soul carries a new scar.  The pain is fresh and keen, and I know that while time might see the pain fade, I will never fully recover from what I've seen, and done.  For I have failed, intentionally and knowingly, in the first duty of a parent: protecting the lives of two of my children.

My wife and I wanted children; alas, we needed IVF treatment to realize this dream.  

Several cycles and multiple embryo implantations later, we welcomed our blessing from G-d, who is the light of our lives.

Recently, we tried for another.

"It never rains, but it pours," said the fertility doctor -- of the three embryos that were implanted, all three took.  We were faced with the news of triplets.  I was shocked, knowing the burden that would entail, but since G-d gave us three, I was prepared to do whatever I needed to do to help, manage, and provide.

My wife?  Something snapped.  She insisted that we do a "selective reduction" from three to one, or else she would have a full abortion.  She was adamant.  She would not carry three.  She would not carry two.

More @ American Thinker 
PS: 

"The author, who wishes to remain anonymous, wants to add one thing: He and his wife understood the risks and potential for multiples, had discussed it many times, and had - until that revelation by the fertility doctor - been absolutely in agreement that however many came from the procedure that they would bring all to term and deal with the multiples if they happened."

5 comments:

  1. This guy could not even type the word God? Is that a forbidden word now? A curse word? What a low life. He denied his unborn and God, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe he is an orthodox Jew - they don't spell out the word God - this makes me sick all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jews don't spell out the full word---something to do with not speaking His Name.
    of course 'god' isn't His Name.
    there are many called gods, both demons masquerading as gods and those entirely in the imaginatons of those who worship them.
    that is why we say 'the one, true God, Yahweh', because there is only one, true creator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tewshooz,
    how could he have stopped his wife? she is the one who will answer for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our creator is always spelled with a capitol G. Other gods not. Either way, it is not his name, only a title. I stand by what I said. Yahweh or Jehovah is Gods name, yes. I can see him not writing it if he were Jewish. Either way, that guy is a low life and so is his wife.

    ReplyDelete