Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Virginia Flaggers: Mechanicsville Christmas Parade: Dixie is Alive and Well!

 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgtr8tzf3IfGgxT2kCQIgKpLqHlfS9dz5kwQxPBdEQ8-AAnU19D90rsH7IvqX-5o7fIYa7SBTLpVBGlPr5WktnaO5ouINp8Tpabzx_AQ3RvUk22tP6Qo1CdRfbpk_aXuzuy3GvxB2NKfQA/s1600/10390997_10152940438614274_5280907985107591113_n.jpg

Over the years, we have enjoyed participating in the Mechanicsville Christmas Parade.  It is always very Confederate friendly, and we receive a warm welcome and support from organizers and spectators.  We had to wonder, with the PC anti-Confederate backlash set in motion since Governor Haley stripped the Confederate Flag from the Confederate Monument in Columbia almost 5 months ago, if things might be different this year.  Turns out it was VERY different, but not in the way we might have guessed.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brock,
    'Just sittin' here...it's late!!!! That's OK, "Cold Beer Conversations," 'got a 'Jack an' Coke at my side,,, and remembrin' the illustration at the head of your post reminds me....Some daze now gone by.....My intro to the "Sport," ...Skydivin' that is was via a group here at Hammond Airport, Louisiana back then called "Southland Skydivers, Inc." Our image was a Confederate battle flag with the state of Louisiana imposed on it with a symbolic parachute with the suspension lines coming to a point over the spot that is Hammond!! Oh yes, wings sprouted off the base of the parachute. I was a member of the club through most of its life and was the last Secretary of the club. I still have in my archives the minutes of all our meetings and events!! The Flag Flew high over Hammond and still does when I take to the air!! 'Have to get some photo's next time I dive and fly the Flag under canopy.... I'll keep you posted!!
    The Flag flies High and Proud!!
    III%,
    skybill-standing by

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Have to get some photo's next time I dive and fly the Flag under canopy.... I'll keep you posted!!

      Please do and I'll post it with whatever you'd like to say. Thanks!

      Delete