Saturday, August 19, 2017

Bannon: 'The Trump Presidency That We Fought For, and Won, Is Over.'

Via Billy

 
“I feel jacked up,” he says. “Now I’m free. I’ve got my hands back on my weapons. Someone said, Bannon the Barbarian.’ I am definitely going to crush the opposition. There’s no doubt. 
With the departure from the White House of strategist Stephen K. Bannon, who helped shape the so-called nationalist-populist program embraced by Donald Trump in his unlikely path to election, a new phase of the Trump presidency begins. Given Trump’s nature, what comes next will hardly be conventional, but it may well be less willfully disruptive—which, to Bannon, had been the point of winning the White House.

“The Trump presidency that we fought for, and won, is over,” Bannon said Friday, shortly after confirming his departure. “We still have a huge movement, and we will make something of this Trump presidency. But that presidency is over. It’ll be something else. And there’ll be all kinds of fights, and there’ll be good days and bad days, but that presidency is over.”

No comments:

Post a Comment