Sunday, September 17, 2017

The Crucifixion of Russia: A History of the Russians and the Jews A new English translation of Solzhenitsyn’s 200 Years Together

Via Frank

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41k8iDxHjOL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

$15.93 @ Amazon

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn (1918-2008), winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature, is considered by many to be the greatest writer of the 20th Century, with the arguable exception of George Orwell.

Significantly, both Solzhenitsyn and Orwell were former Communists who became bitterly disillusioned with Marxism through their own up-close-andpersonal experience, and spent a large part of their literary lives denouncing the Marxist monster which so brutally disfigured their lives and their century. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn’s fiction and non-fiction classics include One Day In The Life Of Ivan Denisovich, (We read this in the 7th grade) The Gulag Archipelago, The First Circle, and an immense body of other work which is considered instrumental in breaking down the Communist system in the Soviet Union and leading to the end of Communist rule in Russia and Eastern Europe.

8 comments:

  1. It's surprising to see that book available in English now. Solzhenitsyn is widely praised for his other books, but this particular book has been somewhat taboo. It's been available in Russian and German but until recently, not English.

    He said somewhere, as I recall, that he wrote this to help heal Jewish and Russian divides by telling the history. I've never read all of the book, though I hope to soon; but what I have read did not seem "anti-Semitic". He was just explaining the history. History often has both good and bad in it. The modern inclination to whitewash history frightens me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The modern inclination to whitewash history frightens me.

      Terrible.

      Delete
  2. Do you know where this book is available? It is "banned" in the UK. I would like to get my hands on a copy. If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barnes and Noble has it temporarily out of stock as many others have also.
      https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-crucifixion-of-russia-columbus-falco/1126703308

      Delete
  3. I found it on AbeBooks.com, ordered it on 2-10-18 and the book has not arrived. The seller is unable to track the shipment and also said the supplier was out and they would reorder the book. Amazon in the US removed the book as well. No other site/book store has it in stock. Last year Israel convinced Amazon to ban over a 100 books on the alleged holocaust. This book has been banned in English and it appears Jews got their way again. I hope I'm able to get the one I ordered

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and make sure you read Weaver's comment above.

      Delete
  4. I bought this book in October 2017 but the print was very small to read so I returned to Amazon.com. Therefore I am looking for the book to buy and there is no chance to be purchased anywhere in USA. I am so Upset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame. I just searched and the hit from FNC is the only one which appeared. :(

      Buy one of these:

      https://www.etsy.com/listing/252590324/large-full-page-11-x-85-rigid-magnifying?gpla=1&gao=1&utm_campaign=shopping_us_LivingLifeDirect_sfc_osa&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_custom1=0&utm_content=11332589&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-b7qBRDPARIsADVbUbVlTdYh9hIYUUUVHD9SCqWWnmTmFRFVBKtfor5HFY950BD5eGRM7eAaAoW2EALw_wcB

      Delete