Thursday, October 19, 2017

Teacher Violently Assaulted After School, Hit With Brick To Face

Via Billy

janice watkins Police: Teacher Violently Assaulted After School, Hit With Brick To Face

A Pittsburgh Public School teacher was seriously injured after officials say she was followed in her car and assaulted after school, allegedly in a dispute over a child’s cellphone.

Hours after the incident, late on Wednesday night, Pittsburgh Police confirmed to KDKA that they are working on an arrest warrant or warrants for a suspect or suspects in the case, who remain unidentified.

More with videos @ CBS

3 comments:

  1. Teachers tend to be left-wing, with exceptions. But public high school teachers put up with a lot of crap for little pay.

    I like how Finland supposedly respects its teachers so highly.

    Everyone focuses on pay, even Finland (I think), but respect matters also. A teaching job should hold status, but it should also be ensured that those who hate Western Civ aren't the ones doing the teaching...

    If teachers need more pay, they should get a second job. I think that's entirely reasonable considering their hours (most of them).

    That's partly a criticism I have of "capitalism" is that obsession with pay. There should be greater sense of status for those who work respectable jobs. In a large society though, income comes to be the primary focus, not a separate sense of respect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how Finland supposedly respects its teachers so highly.

      When I taught in Saigon '93-'94 I couldn't get the students just to stay in their chairs when I entered the room. They automatically stand for teachers.

      Delete
  2. I had to walk five miles in the snow in my bare feet just to get to school.

    ReplyDelete