Sunday, November 19, 2017

Execution of Colonel Ho Ngoc Can Army of the Republic of Viet Nam on 14 August 1975.

PhotoPhoto 

Repost
 Last words:

"If I won the war, I would not condemn you as you have condemned me.

I would not humiliate you as you have humiliated me.

I would not ask you questions that you asked me.

I fought for the freedom of my people.

I have merit and I am not guilty.

No one can convict me.

History will criticize you as my Communist enemy.

You want to kill me, then kill me.

Do not blindfold me.

Down with the Communists.

Long live the Republic of Viet Nam !"

***************************************************

Born in Rach Gia, Republic of Viet Nam in 1938, he graduated as sub lieutenant from the Dong De, Nha Trang training camp.

During his military career, he was awarded a total of 78 medals.

In 1973, at age 37, he was promoted Provincial Governor, the youngest governor in Viet Nam, of
Chuong Thien, a heavily infested Viet Cong area.

When Saigon surrendered on Wednesday 30 April 1975, he continued to fight until the next day, when he ran out ammunition.

Taken prisoner, he was condemned to death on Thursday 14 August 1975

No comments:

Post a Comment