Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Coming Out As A Republican To My Democrat Family Went Worse Than Coming Out Gay

Via David

http://thefederalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Death_Valley_w_Dad-998x749.jpg
 
I reached my threshold where no amount of hypothetical Republican bigotry or greed could approach the magnitude of hypocrisy, corruption, or criminality I saw rotting Democrats.

I am not a sex offender. But a number of my friends no longer have time to see me. Lifelong acquaintances now regard me with fear and distrust. I have been unfriended en masse on social media and excoriated by friends who deign to remain. And I have been singly excluded from social gatherings when the rest of my family was invited.

No, I am not a sex offender. I am something even worse than that. I am a Donald Trump supporter.

I was raised in a liberal Jewish family in Washington DC, where my dad served as a Democratic congressman for Los Angeles. Accordingly, I was indoctrinated with all of the correct values and views.

1 comment:

  1. As an American Jew (like this guy, though not gay) I have had cousins shut me off because I'm to the right of Stalin.

    Remember, if you've read my essay*, that Leftists are herd-beasts (or, in "Anonymous Conservative" style, r-selected). To have someone in your circle who is not of the hivemind, means you have to have thoughts and ideas and perspectives outside that collectively-agreed mindset come in. That would cause disharmony. So, exclude the heretics rather than consider outside thoughts.

    *
    http://obamasez.blogspot.com/2017/07/the-leftist-sense-of-self_10.html

    ReplyDelete