Friday, February 23, 2018

This n' That

My sweet neighbor.

One of Cowboy's kills.  My backyard mechanic and the first black I have met who had the moniker. :)




My '68 428, 4 speed Torino which I bought for $1,200 and pulled my trailer across the country and back.
Gladys has been with me for 14 years. As a child  she received the worst spanking of her life here!  Her family lived down the road and her parents would go into the fields each day with strict orders not to leave their home. One day her  parents came back from work and her Father found them playing here. As soon as they saw him they went under the house but were dragged out for punishment. :)









Henry's gifts.

I wonder if Emily, my birth mother, had the same shade of red hair.

He keeps trying but I believe no luck so far.:)  Peacocks never leave their birthplace and his family may well have been here from 1790/1810.

 Spring has sprung as Mother would say.



6 comments:

  1. Spring.....Ha! We have been having snow and it is forecast through next Wednesday!

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful young lady, I hope she hunts as well, our sport needs all of the young ladies we can get. My girls can't keep their mouths shut long enough for a deer to walk out, much less put down their smart phones long enough to pay attention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My girls can't keep their mouths shut long enough for a deer to walk out, much less put down their smart phones long enough to pay attention!

      Thanks and when it is NOT:) deer season they come out of the woods across the field to nibble.

      Delete
  3. Nice pics. No place like home. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete