Friday, March 9, 2018

This is why the Founding Generation Crafted the 2nd Amendment

 


With the current heated debate over gun rights and the 2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution (which serves to affirm our natural rights…rights we have whether the State recognizes them or not), I thought it might be interesting to talk briefly about the Battle of Athens. If you’re like a lot of people, you probably haven’t heard about this event. I know I hadn’t until a few years ago, which is kind of surprising, considering how much the media and the left constantly drone on over various historical “milestones” revolving around identity politics (race, gender, social justice, etc.).

But I guess this doesn’t really fit the narrative, as it revolves around the South, and regular folks resisting their local government – and perhaps even a form of the Police State – through exercising their right to keep and bear arms.

2 comments:

  1. My wife's maternal family is from that neck of the woods. I have been to a few family reunion's and hunting events up there. I found it interesting that the WWII vets and their sons all had Browning BAR rifles for deer hunting. Just an observation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I thought they would be expensive but checked and found that is not the case.

      Delete