Saturday, April 14, 2018

An Open Letter to my Fellow American Jews


This was not an easy to write; I suspect it will be difficult to read as well.  I don’t want to be harsh, I don’t want to be nasty, but this is a “tough love” message that needs saying.  Let me not waste time.

THE MISSING INSTINCT

In Civilizational Collapse and the Brain, I hypothesized about a possible biological explanation for why it is that civilizations collapse.  The theory – go read the whole thing, I think it’s definitely one of my best pieces! – is simple: comfort and safety from birth lead to an atrophy of the threat recognition ability.  My essay mentions, and I think ties in very well with, the r/K reproductive strategy switch, which is ably related alongside other thoughts by Bill Whittle in the video above.

1 comment: