Tuesday, April 24, 2018

The great exodus out of America’s blue cities

 Related image

Am I the only one in my spinning class at Equinox in Manhattan who’s fed up paying $200 every 
month for a gym with clean showers, $3,000 in rent every month for an apartment without cockroaches and $8 every morning for a cup of coffee? Am I the only one moving through the greater part of New York City boroughs and seeing an inexorable march of urban decay matched with the discomfort of crowding and inexplicable costs? I know I am not.

New York is the most expensive city in America. Its lower-cost neighborhoods are riddled with crime and homelessness. Its public schools, some of which are among the worst in the nation, look more like prisons than places of learning.

More @ The Hill

3 comments:

  1. When I lived in Massachusetts a liberal friend of mine said he was considering retiring in New Hampshire which has no state income tax. I said fine, but you'll have to change the way you vote. He was offended and asked "why", and I said "why move to New Hampshire if you want to turn it into Massachusetts." So I have some concerns about what happens when the wave of blue voters move to red states.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some concerns about what happens when the wave of blue voters move to red states.

      100% but at least they flock to the cities.

      Delete
  2. It's been happening in Virginia for decades. The country is still conservative. The cities and DC suburbs are all hard left. The demographic shift will ensure we get more Kanes and mcCaullifs, forever.

    --generic

    ReplyDelete