Saturday, June 9, 2018

American Pravda: When Stalin Almost Conquered Europe

Via Weaver

shutterstock_482986687


For many years I maintained far too many magazine subscriptions, more periodicals than I could possibly read or even skim, so most weeks they went straight into storage, with scarcely more than a glance at the cover. But every now and then, I might casually browse one of them, curious about what I had usually been missing.

Thus, in the summer of 2010, I happened to leaf through an issue of Chronicles, the small-circulation flagship organ of the marginalized paleoconservative movement, and soon began reading a blandly-titled book review. But the piece so astonished me that it immediately justified all the many years of subscription payments I had sent to that magazine.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. The author of the review is Jewish, which is surprising. He must be a man who seeks truth.

    Russia was apparently planning to invade not only Germany but all of Europe, before Germany attacked.

    And the Russian military was very strong, though lacking in officers, because they'd killed their officers. And the forces were set for offence, not defence.

    It's also interesting, the claim that Stalin wanted Hitler in office, to weaken Europe (with war) for an invasion.

    People don't like new information about WWII, because much of modern society is built around that war. Europe and the US changed tremendously after WWII.

    I don't pretend for a moment that Germany was "good". It seems to me it could have avoided war, could have kept Britain and France happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and 'what if' Japan had invaded Russia at the same time as Hitler?

    ReplyDelete