Thursday, June 7, 2018

Thoughts of an errant mind


 
"My conviction is that we will be faced with 'Official' organized opponents i.e. trained, equipped, organized military force.  Marines and some Soldiers acting under orders
of whatever authority holds sway . . . might be a Governor . . . might be a Senator,
might be some quasi-religious nut.

Mormons once raised an aggressive militia of their own.  I doubt not that it may be
in existence still, on the QT.  Muzzies certainly have a religious inspiration.

Anyway - I'm more concerned with that scenario, than CCW and the off chance that
I might be the guy to take down some rabid dog of a Muzzie, Antifa, or BLM whacko.
So my gear is aligned with the military aspects.  I use issue pistol belts, LBE, gear
and fooforaw.  I have steel pots, E-Tools (Of the old style, not the flimsy folding crap)

I anticipate that that the Reds will win the government back from the Trumpistas and
that hell will be paid thereafter.  Demographics alone informs me of that eventuality.

Anyway, here's an object of interest for you . . . this is a legitimate tool, used in
the AC/Heating/insulation industry.  You will note that it has some interseting
possibilities for a DIY doing some 'remodeling'.  Now, this is NOT a field knife.
It's a tool, so the blade is not thick for 'batoning' kindling and so on.  What it is
good for is penetrating, slashing, and cutting as in some untoward situation a
citizen might find himself involved in.

I have two older styles, with High Carbon double edged blades, fairly flexible,
spear pointed and  v e r y  sharp.  I'm ordering two more, of the pattern you see."
--4Branch

8 comments:

  1. Of a similar vein, although it has no sheath, but is 1/3 the price - https://www.zoro.com/marshalltown-drywall-utility-saw-6-in-l-8-tpi-sharp-22/i/G4377326/

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools-10-3-4-in-Serrated-Duct-Knife-with-5-1-2-in-Blade-DK06/203195086
    Cheaper, but just as robust. I disagree on it not being able to be used in the field . I ranger banded the ssheath and put heat shrink over the logo handle to serve harness mounting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the picture/story of the US adviser with the ARVN Rangers at AN LOC. I was there so it means something to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How’s the sheath on the Milwaukee duct knife?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have one but I expect it's not much you could bank on.

      Delete